Sunday 20 January 2013

Evaluation of my work


When I first heard that we were doing ‘Wild Kingdom’, I was immediately excited about the project. I started from my blog and have been working on that throughout the project, im very happy without the outcome of my project, I tried to gather as much research as I could and tried to use various articles, photo shoots and music videos for inspiration. With my first shoot, I tried to mix in a high fashion look with the tribal look I was going for. To get inspiration for my high fashion look I looked at Vogue’s tribal related shoot and Rodarte’s famous 2010 show. I used Rodarte as inspiration for my first image. With my first shoot, I tried to focus most of the look on the makeup rather than the hair. I was then told to alter my look and do more work on the hair, I felt like I should've put more effort into the hair, this is something that I will take into consideration in my next project.

In this project I struggled at the beginning of it when looking for inspiration for my shoots. Once I started getting used to blogging, I got more and more into the project and became inspired for my shoots. I looked in music videos, photo shoots, Vogue magazines or anything that was tribal and related to my project theme. Throughout the project I also had to remember that my two shoots had to be different, one high fashion, one avant-garde. Overall, I think I've done well on this project, although there were a few factors I would have changed. I will take these factors into consideration on my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment