Saturday 17 November 2012

Practicing hair


In my last practical session, we had to experiment with different hairstyles and materials for our tribal shoot. At first, I was going to create a look that I've created before using polystyrene balls on my models hair. After speaking to my lecturers, they told me to try something more daring and using some more materials on the hair. After rummaging through a box of materials, I found a hard circle cone I could use around the hair. When I first picked it up I instantly thought of Willow Smiths - Whip your hair video. Instead of making the circle head on and being seen from the side, I put the circle horizontally across my models face. To do this I first created a pin curl on the top of her head and hair gripped the circle to the surface as you can see in the right image.





As you can see, I have photographed the process of my work. My next step was to curl my models hair around the circle to hide it. I used a curler to curl the hair in order for it to go around easier and neater instead of forcing it. Once I had curled the hair i used a lot of grips and hairspray to make it hold. With the excess hair, At first I didn't know what to do with it, but after researching some tribal images I decided to plait it round to the front. Im happy I decided to take a risk, instead of being scared to try something new. I enjoyed the outcome, however if I could give myself one tip it would be to make the hair a lot neater and to use more product on the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment