Tuesday 20 November 2012

Cassie CLAM Photoshoot

So its 5 in the morning, I couldn't sleep, whilst i was up watching youtube videos inspiration struck me and I'm so excited to write this post! A couple of days ago, a friend asked me to help with her photo shoot, she studies fashion styling and asked me to style her models hair into a Mohican. Whilst watching a movie, I was totally distracted and an idea popped into my head. I remembered that the hair I done for her shoot was very similar to a style that Cassie had in a photo shoot. I couldn't remember which specific shoot it was, but after researching things over and over on the internet it finally came up. The photo shoot was for CLAM magazine and there is also a video below of her behind the scenes. I thought this shoot was so underrated as she looks absolutely stunning in it. Everything about this photo shoot and video inspired me for my tribal shoot. The styling, hair and makeup all link and are similar to how I want my final look to be. I feel like her shaved head can also relate to African tribes as they go to extreme measures in order to identify their tribes.



This is just one image above of the hair I styled for my friends shoot, I'm happy she asked me as it was good practice for me and has given me so much inspiration. I feel like having a mohican on my model will give my shoot a bit of an edge, yet still look tribal and high fashion. To create the hair style I had to do a bit of research first, I started by watching youtube videos to help me, then realised it was easier than I thought. Im a big fan of styling hair and I always have been, I'm very excited to try this look out on my model. Although, one thing I would change is to make the mohican neater and use less hairspray in order for it to look natural.










As soon as I saw this shoot, I immediately thought of ideas for mine. Some ideas I've had are using jewellery in my models hair.





No comments:

Post a Comment