Tuesday 16 October 2012

Rodarte

After being in my lecture that introduced Rodarte's spring 2010 show, I was immediadtly inspired by their make-up and styling. I watched the show online and thought it was fascinating how they could combine such a gothic, dark and sinister look and still make it look sexy. I thought the photos from the show, as you can see one above, were absoloutly beautiful. I am a big fan of black and dark colours, so I thought the use of very simple make-up was genius. They portrayed a dark, gothic theme without even having to use make-up on the eyes, the lips and contouring on the cheeks was perfect and I was very excited to research into the show. Relating back to my assignment, Wild Kingdom, this Rodarte show has many elements that can inspire me. The tattoo looking designs on the models arms gives the show a bit of an edge. I was also inspired by this specific show because they took a risk which is something I want to do with my work. The tattoos reminded me of tribal traditions, along with the hair and clothing. They made tattoos and tribal art look high fashion and thought it was stunning.
The styling, clothing, hair and make-up almost looks as if the models belong in a tribe. The bold black print, natural make-up, dark lips, dark contouring on the cheeks etc. Rodarte's show is definitly going to play a big part in my development of my final ideas for this project. I hope to use their work to inspire me in making tribal traditions look high fashion. I thought the models looked simply beautiful on the catwalk, I am now full of ideas on how to create my high fashion image, Im so excited to create facecharts and photoshoots for this project and finally get my work out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment