Tuesday 16 October 2012

The Lion King

A bit of a random post, but after looking through the Lion King programmes from the theatre, it was another thing that inspired me for this project. I saw The Lion King in theatre a few weeks ago and feel completely in love with it, the costume, set designs, props and most of all the make-p. As soon as this project was introduced it immediatly reminded me of it. The ideas that the set and costumes designers thought of blew my mind, I never thought they could re-inact a movie all about animals, but they did. Some of the coastume and make-up I saw in the show are shown below..




Everthing in this musical relates to my project,I hope to use the musical to help me in creating out of the box ideas for my avant-garde images. To get a further look into the musical, I took a look at the documentary, I have shown part 1 below and found it so interesting how they made humans completely transform into animals on stage. I wanted to know what made them come up with these ideas and how they made them. Another thing that amazed me whilst watching it in theatre was the movement, I want to show my models body and arms in my final images so I was also taking a look at how the actors carried themselves throughout the musical. The hair, make-up and costume immediatley relates to my project, the whole musical relates to African tribes and I wat to take a further insight into how I can use The Lion King along with Rodarte and Vogue shoots to influence my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment